watermarking photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi gang!!

We're working on getting our photography business back up and running... and in the next month or so, I want to go online with our photos. However, I need to find a good program for watermarking them first. They are all copyrighted, but really, how many people is that going to stop?

Because I ask everything on here first, I was hoping someone would have a good suggestion for me!!

Thanks in advance!! :59:

Hey Kayla,

Photoshop or any similar software will do !!!

I use photoshop. There are a number of ways to do it. I just create a watermark as a layer with text. I use white and reduce the opacity of the layer to something like 30% or so, depending on the image and how pronounced I want the watermark to be.

Some web hosting services/applications for photos will auto-magically add your defined watermark, smugmug and the open source Gallery come to mind.

I dont know why I didnt think about photoshop. Thanks, guys!

Just crack the seal on the housing at depth before taking any photos :)

Just crack the seal on the housing at depth before taking any photos :)

:rofl3: Not quite the watermark I was going for, but thanks! :wink: :wink: No seriously.. it would be funnier if we hadn't drowned a camera last week because one of the guys forgot to tighten the latch. Oh well. Live and learn. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom