What bottom timer to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lakediver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a bottom timer. The Suunto-D3 sounds nice because of the stopwatch feature for deco, but how are the buttons to operate with gloves on? The Uwatech or Oms is a better buy, but it seems to be a little bulkier. Some of the on-line shops have the Uwatech available only in metric. Any suggestions or recommendations?

I have the OMS version as the Uwatec was only available in metric with the online shops. I got the OMS from LP and like it alot. I also do not find it to be any more bulky than some of the watches/computers that many wear.

chuckrt

You might look at running an Aeris Atmos 2 in the guage mode. The numbers are huge and it goes to 120 M/ 399 Ft.

not too big of an issues with gloves, though i use tropical gloves.
nice features (you probably have read on then at the website), and cheaper than some dive watches.

the uwatec bottom timer might be had as used gear fr LDS. i think on-line they're $ 90-ish (dive inn). as far as size - they're about what Vypers come in.

ditto on the color choices ... mine's orange :haha:

I use a vyper. It works good and its not that big but easy to read.

Back
Top Bottom