Finding a reliable Diving Company and Diving Alexandria and the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juggler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I recently learnt how to dive and am going to egypt later this year. My friend and I are fascinated by the possibility of diving in the Red Sea and also the sunken city off Alexandria but have been reading some pretty bad reviews of the diving companies operating around there. I saw one post not so long ago where the person replied saying in 2005 it was pretty dodgy.

1. Has anyone gone diving in Alexandria with a reputable company with which everything went ok? was it worth seeing?

2. Also who would be a reliable and good company to dive with in the Red Sea? Any recommendations on where would be good to go? We only have our Open Water Cert so can not go deeper than 18m.

3. How do you know when a company you are looking at diving with are reputable?

Hey, welcome to ScubaBoard!

I'm sure there are lots of good dive ops in Dahab, and some folks here have their favorites. Where are you staying? We stayed two weeks at the Hilton in July, and used Sinai Divers there. Very happy with them; see my review here.

Where are you from? I'd guess Great Britain? You need to fill out your profile! :D

--Marek

oh... woops shall fill the profile out now :)

im from Aus and completely new to diving.

i am not sure where we are staying in Dahab actually. We are on a tour of Egypt run by topdeck tours that gives us 5 days of anything we like in Dahab. We decided we would spend a few of those days diving.

Welcome to the board.

I suggest moving this thread to the Red Sea forum.

Lots of reputable dive ops in Dahab but it's a bit difficult to find one in Alex. BTW, the best time to do Alex is during November/early December. Else you'll have nil visibility.

Diving Alex is not to be compared to Dahab but if you want to do it, I could search for a good op for you.

If you want any help with diving in Egypt, drop me a line.

hiya,

thanks for that sounds good. How do i move the thread to the red sea one?

if you could help me find a decent op in alexandria that would be fantastic.

cheers for that. we would be looking at the alexandria bit around the end of october

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom