Great White Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carole R

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
tp.gif
WOW!!!
Just came back from Guadalupe Island, cage Diving with the Great White Shark!
Travelling with the Nautilus Explorer.
This is just one of over 500 Pictures that wraps up the Week's Event!!

GreatWhite1.JPG

That is an amazing picture. I don't think I will be doing anything like that anytime soon but I am sure it was a thrill. What is you estimate on how big those sharks are? From the picture they look huge and I am sure they look even bigger in person.

Nice shot. I was there about two years ago and managed to get some pretty good video footage. Now I want to go back with my new HD camcorder and get some awesome footage!

We were there in December, towards the end of GWS "season," but still saw 15 individuals. I've had two friends who went down there on separate trips and had GWS go right through the cage!

It's hard to guess exactly how big they are, but I would say around 16 to 18 feet.
A note to all you NEW PHOTOGRAPHERS...this picture was taken with a $300.00 Sealife camera...nothing fancy and was taken by a new diver with NO underwater photography experience...just goes to show you!!

Did you get the feeling you would get bitten if you were out of the cage? I'd love to do a Great White dive...cage-less would be the ultimate thrill!
Ber :lilbunny:

Lucky :(

Carole,

If you have the time, I think we would all like to see more pictures ???
And also, a Nautilus Explorer trip report would be great!

Awesome photo, were you in another cage?
Or did you decide to jump in to get that photo ???

Great work...
Bill

I was in another cage. There were 4 cages in all. I will do a trip report shortly.
The excitement is unbeleivable and if someone were to get "bit" it would be an accident on the sharks part. The area is being chummed by three boats and the island shore is lined with seals, we are most definetally on their turf! Rule of the day...arms, feet and HEAD inside the cage. LOL
I seen my fair share of wild life...this one was the ULTIMATE. Save your pennies and GO!
74961965_o_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom