Did You Lose an Oceanic VT3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
I am in possession of a used Oceanic VT3 receiver that came to us as a result of a large used equipment purchase. This is the receiver only and has a total of 28 logged dives on the computer. While reviewing this receiver, I noticed something that was a little "strange". The receiver has a transmitter serial number programmed in, but there was no transmitter with the equipment purchase. I have a suspicion that this computer may have been lost by the original owner somewhere in the lower Alabama or panhandle of Florida. I contacted Oceanic with the serial number, but their database has many holes. They were unable to tell me the name of the original dealer to whom it was shipped. The serial number was also not registered in the warranty database. Before I resale this computer as used, I would rather take a while to attempt to repatriate this receiver with the original owner. If such an attempt is not possible, I will then offer is for sale as used equipment.

If you lost an Oceanic VT3 receiver unit this past summer, please contact us with the original serial number of the receiver and the name of the original dealer from which it was purchased. If you don't know the serial number, your dealer should be able to provide you with that number. Failing this, there is other information that might allow us to identify the proper owner.

We will make a 10 day attempt to locate the owner. Afterwards, we will return the receiver to Oceanic for inspection and verification that all is well and we will sale the receiver. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Phil, Good on ya for trying. Funny this summer I did the same thing with some gear that I found. After about 45 days I consigned it and some other stuff to a local shop. It sold. Then about a week after it sold the owner sent me a note. Boy did I feel bad so I offered to give the proceeds to them. They accepted but said keep half to for my efforts.

Back
Top Bottom