Life after Oly 5050.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennywise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

Thinking about upgrading after Oly 5050..... and lookin' for another "jack of all trades". I've looked into the specs of the Pana FZ50, but super zoom cams only fit in massive housings. :(

Might consider dslr with live preview, but hate having to decide beforehand what sort of dive I'm up to..... macro or wide angle. :eyebrow:

Anybody xperience with either the SUPER replacement for my 5050 or the ultimate dslr config, enabling me to shoot let's say from object against lens up to 3ft distance and for wide angle 1ft to infinity?? The latter of course with different port/lense combi.

Brgrds,

Pennywise

I still can't fathom moving on from my Oly 5050. Have 2 of them and 2 Ike DS-125's/Ike Housing. Feel like I am finally getting excellent results and not anxious to go through the learning curve with a new camera.

But hey ...good luck with the transition !!

A friend of mine reminded me of a statement he had read about regarding when to upgrade your camera. It goes something like this:

It's time to upgrade when the camera you have cannot take the kind of photos you want. Otherwise, why upgrade?

This is why I am still using my Oly C4000Z.

In order to help give you some options, it would be helpful to know what you're not getting from the Oly 5050 that you're willing to pay for. The Oly 5050 is just such a sweet set up, despite its little foibles :wink:

I've just put my Oly 5050s up for sale and it's killing me...I love these systems so much!

Hi all,

Would like to have more depth of field and less noise especially for cut-outs. We're seaslug fana's and those critters can be very micro as you all know......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom