Sherwood Identification Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bythesea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out which model of Sherwood 1st stage this is. Mostly whether it is suitable for cold water use ie 40F. I see it has the air bleed and the only external markings are the patent NO "4226 257", the yoke is marked "3500" near the reg body and marked "C 85" near the handwheel. I a)don't want to bet the life of the buddy I'm going to loan it to that it will like cold and b) don't want to spend the dough to rebuild if it's not suited to cold water use.
Thanks for any help, Brad

Attachments

• Sherwood 1st.jpg
    Sherwood 1st.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 91
I hope you get an answer to this. I have exactly the same first stage on my old Sherwood reg circa 1983.

I do know that the HP port is really strange. I tried to use an Oceanic computer with it and never did find an adapter that would make it work. I tried three different LDS and they all went through every fitting they had.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom