Spg-6" on pony(stage bottle)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do you recomend using a 6" hose or bigger on a hang bottle ??

Scott :D

ICUROK once bubbled...
Do you recomend using a 6" hose or bigger on a hang bottle ??
IMO if you need it you should be taking it along. If you don't need it why hang it in the first place.

That said... I like the SPG on 6" bent back and secured onto the first stage.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

IMO if you need it you should be taking it along. If you don't need it why hang it in the first place.

That said... I like the SPG on 6" bent back and secured onto the first stage.

Gotta agree with U.P. on this one. The limited times I have used a stage (actually deco) bottle, it stayed with me. Pressure guage was on a 6" hose, bent back and secured to the first stage with a piece of innertube so that just by glancing at the bottle I could read the gauge.

I NEVER leave a bottle hanging because you can never be 100% sure the boat will be where you left it:boom: .
On the other hand we have hung a bottle over the side for passangers who might have gotten them selves in a jam:rolleyes: . With a stage or a deco bottle I have a SPG on a 6 inch hose bent back so I can read it but for a hang bottle I dont think it would matter much. The only thing a SPG is doing on a hang bottle is removing some of the panick from a diver who has already screwed up via bad gas managment or planning and is now low on gas. Getting to a bottle and then worrieing how long it will last is a quick way to build up panick. On a hang bottle I would use what is on hand if i hade a SPG already on a long HP hose than I wouldent go out of my way to put it on a 6 inch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom