Your images, where?

Please read the first post in the thread.....it's a long question.

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This is a suggestion.

I think that if someone spouts loads of stuff about photography they should be required to produce some of their own work, if asked to, so that people can decide for themselves if they are worth listening to or not.

Kind of like the new controlled DIR environment where folks are required to demonstrate that they know what they're talking about.

It cuts down on trolls.

I'm not talking about anything like an opt-in.....just if anyone starts making claims that another has problems with, they can be asked to provide examples of their stuff so that
a) people can see they actually take pictures to start with, and
b)they can judge for themselves the possible worth of what they are being told.

How say you?

(feel free to add your thoughts if you like.....or not....whatever...)

edit: To be very clear..... I'm not asking that they post images here, or upload them to a gallery here.....it can be anywhere: Photobucket, Flikr, other website, own website, it doesn't matter where - just that it can be seen.

Hey Mike! Long time no hear.. where exactly in the world are you now?

Hahah ok.. Anyway, I have been asking for the past year and have given up on any response. And I totally agree with you on it.

what's so difficult or time consuming with just pressing the button? :)

wouldn't take a minute! men!

:hugs: mike

okay, il comment. im not into photography yet but there's a good chance i'll be. and really, id rather take advices from someone who has goods to support his statement. i have heard enough from politicians.

Since I took the time to read the post I figured I'd vote too :D I dated a guy for a couple of years who could be taken as a bit of a loud know-it-all but when it came down to it he could back up his claims. As the saying goes, "Put up or shut up".
Ber :lilbunny:

Seems nobody else voting on this poll is confident enough to assess the posts of anyone else without objective evidence of their photography ability. Must admit I am surprised!

When assessing the credibiilty of anyone online you draw clues from a number of sources:

* what they write
* how they write it
* how they evidence their claims
* how other people react to their postings
* if they posting confirms or contradicts your own thoughts
* how they react when challenged

To me, the above is easily enough to establish someone's credibilty.

It is obvious why you are posting this poll, and obvious you are frustrated with f3nikon giving opinions you disagree with.

However have you actually thought how you would go about implementing your idea? Where should it stop?

Instructors should post their certifications before replying to divers?
People offering advice on their local diving should post utility bills to prove they life there?
Medics and Doctors should post their degrees and training before offering advice?
Public Safety divers should post pictures of corspes they've personally recovered?
Spearfishers have to post corrobated evidence of their catches?
DIR divers have to post pictures of them sucking down 3 litres of any kool-aid (ok ok I'll stop here)

My point is why should photographers have to provide a higher burden of proof than any other member of the Scubaboard community posting on this board?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom