What's the best Wrist Mount Dive Computer for both tech and recreatonal diving & why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
Need some opinions guys and why? I can still change my order. Finding out that some types in particular have lots of problems. Having to send my computer out at all for repair is a NO NO. If this was a factor preventing me from diving because I have to wait 6 weeks is pathetic.

The only real good brands I know of are:

1. Uwatec Air Z Nitrox

2. Suunto

3. OMS VR3

4. Oxycheq HS Explorer Series

A lot of tech divers do not use computers, they simply plan dives by using PC dive planning software.

jonscubas once bubbled...
Having to send my computer out at all for repair is a NO NO. If this was a factor preventing me from diving because I have to wait 6 weeks is pathetic.
The alarms are going off in my little pea brain with this statement. This doesn't sound like someone who truly understands "technical" diving at all. I do hope you aren't considering any of the computers listed as your primary one.
Rick :)

Rick Murchison once bubbled...

The alarms are going off in my little pea brain with this statement. This doesn't sound like someone who truly understands "technical" diving at all. I do hope you aren't considering any of the computers listed as your primary one.
Rick :)

jonscubas: you would still be able to dive using a depth gauge, watch, and tables while your computer would be out for repairs, wouldn't you? Using your "primary computer" :bonk:

if you want a computer to use as a computer and for "technical diving", you want a computer with "gauge mode".

Suunto stinger, vytec.

I recently got certified for External Wreck, drysuit and nitrox. So you can say I'm in prep for this.

Yes, tables are of course paramount, but I'm trying to get your opinions on a good computer as well:bonk: . I want to know what's good out there, and really don't want to spend the money on something that has not been worthwhile, functional, or is known for being repair prone.

jonscubas once bubbled...
I recently got certified for External Wreck, drysuit and nitrox. So you can say I'm in prep for this.

Yes, tables are of course paramount, but I'm trying to get your opinions on a good computer as well:bonk: . I want to know what's good out there, and really don't want to spend the money on something that has not been worthwhile, functional, or is known for being repair prone.

Dunno if it is the best, but works for me. When you start cutting tables you can use the gauge mode...gauge mode is also nice for freediving.

Have you considered the Zeagle Status II?

I haven't looked at Zeagles stuff, but I will do that now. I'm sure there are others who have experience with quality wrist mount computers.

Vyper is a great computor-gauge if you want it will keep track of all your bottum time in gauge or computer mode O like mine alot.
This is my 2-cent

Back
Top Bottom