Aries Elite T3 Sofware alternatives/upgrades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hutchel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK before I start, let me say I am what most of you would call a computer GEEK, specifically a database programmer among other things.

I have a his/her set of these computers and now have around 49 dives recorded on both of them. I'd love to use the PC software to generate log entries but it is pitiful. I understand the software is a third party product. Is there any forum or user feedback so we can get some much needed improvements, especially in the logs as well as how data entry is handled?

I have gone under the covers of the software and for those of you who understand Microsoft Access, the software is based on a MS Access database. I've "cracked" the password and have looked into the database structure and inner workings and have created my own reports, but I am real reluctant to make changes to the data in the database through this interface since it is bundled with the run-time interface.

I have created a report via a linked database that prints on a 1/2 page that shows basic dive info (date, depth, PSI's, Tank, weight, equip ensamble name, SAC Rate, Dive Location, Date, etc) as well as a depth graph and an air consumption graph. There are other series of data available to graph - basically anything on the divedetails table - but I don't find them particually interesting. It would be nice if we could select other data to graph in the software and also a nicer log entry report.

any thoughts or comments out there?

Lee

I am also in the software business and was surprised to see the low quality software that comes with the computer.

Scubamarc, love your Excel. Can you please explain the units of NTIME.
Also, i understand that O2BG means how many O2 bars were 'on'. is that true?

All the data is just a graphical representation of the data. what ever is there is what I showed. No magic.

ntime is not something i made up. It is a column in the oceanlog db. I just graphed it. I think it has something with nitrogen load.

o2bg - yes, I think the numbers represent the bar graph. Each bar is a whole number.

I have a new version of the xls at work where I added a the ascent column to the graph. I will upload it next week.

What I am amazed at the (low) quality of the software. I would think it would take 1 month, full time, 1 developer, to make something much better with all the same features. the download feautre might be the big headache.

The Nitrogen Bar symbols on the dive computer face seem to be saved in the field TLBG in the DiveDetails table. I'm not sure what the NTIME field represents.

BTW I was at MLDS yesterday and they said there is a MAJOR upgrade coming that includes new software and firmware. The LDS's are supposed to get a CD and with your upload cable be able to update the firmware to a completely new algorithm for the computers and there will be new PC software to display the data they seemed to think it was much better. Something about a matrix version? These guys are hard core tech divers, and when they mention something like that I typically let it sail by since most of the stuff they consider diving is way over my head for now. They seldom get in the water w/o a rebreather or dual tanks and one or more poney bottles - unless they are teaching us lowly students ;-)

I don't have a web site where I can post my DB and it's not as slick with just put the name of the dive log in a single place - I used linked tables. If someone is interested send me a PM and I will be happy to share assuming you know ACCESS.

Well I was going to post a sample of the report in PDF but I can't seem to get the upload window to load. I have pop-ups turned off but to no evail.

Lee

The Nitrogen Bar symbols on the dive computer face seem to be saved in the field TLBG in the DiveDetails table. I'm not sure what the NTIME field represents.

BTW I was at MLDS yesterday and they said there is a MAJOR upgrade coming that includes new software and firmware. The LDS's are supposed to get a CD and with your upload cable be able to update the firmware to a completely new algorithm for the computers and there will be new PC software to display the data they seemed to think it was much better. Something about a matrix version? These guys are hard core tech divers, and when they mention something like that I typically let it sail by since most of the stuff they consider diving is way over my head for now. They seldom get in the water w/o a rebreather or dual tanks and one or more poney bottles - unless they are teaching us lowly students ;-)

I don't have a web site where I can post my DB and it's not as slick with just put the name of the dive log in a single place - I used linked tables. If someone is interested send me a PM and I will be happy to share assuming you know ACCESS.

Well I was going to post a sample of the report in PDF but I can't seem to get the upload window to load. I have pop-ups turned off but to no evail.

Lee

try RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I am pretty shore they are free to host a file

anyone knows what does NTIME represents and what are the red zone values?

As I can tell, the ntime, ascent have 1 to 1 relationship with the gauge. 1 bar on the gauge = 1 unit. So ntime of 3 = 3 bars. for my computer, data max pro, 8,9,10 is yellow, 11 is deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom