Benefit for matthew myers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbleblowindude

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who is interested in participating in a "dive-a-thon" to raise money for the family of deceased diver Matthew Myers, contact scott@divealaska.net
We are hoping to raise money and awareness of safe diving in Alaska. If you cant dive, but would like to contribute, send check to:
"Matthew Myers memorial fund"
C/O Dive Alaska
1002 W. Northern lights blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99503

Thanx!
Safe diving!

It went well so far as I am concerned. I was there a bit before noon. I saw lots of jellyfish, shrimp, some various crabs, a good half-dozen or more different kinds of fish, and this weird looking purple thing that almost looked like some sort of soft coral (I'll need to look that one up).

How did it go for everyone else?

Well I thought I'd write up the weekend report before the week got started and things turned hectic again. First, I like to thank everyone who showed up either to dive or help out with serving food, helping with gear, or just showing up to show support! We ended up with over 20 divers, logged well over our goal of 24 hours, and raised almost $2000 for the Matthew myers memorial fund. I logged 150 minutes in 3 dives, and scootered the whole cove two times. We saw a large wolf eel under the concrete slab by the tanker, many (I counted 8) different ling cod, lots of rock fish, and all of the usual invertabrates. We also recovered a new anchor (I'll use it for my dive skiff...thanx James C. :) I know I'll not be able to do a proper job of listing everyone who helped out, but I would like to thank Mario for providing food, cooking, and moral support for everyone. Jerry and Lisa for involving their divers and generous donation. Cindy at Smitty's cove for donating free parking for the day. Some of the sea life center divers who showed up, party world for giving us a good deal on renting a tent, and most of all, all the divers who came together for this event. I am constantly reminded why I am involved in this sport and community.....because the people are so cool! Have fun, dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom