Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't get one, but best price I found at the time was LP. I think around $850 for puter and xmitter.

Phil

When I was looking to buy a vytec, I got the online price from simply scuba or diveinn (can't remember which) and went to visit my LDS with this knowledge. The LDS price was about 225 more for the wrist unit (no transmitter) and after some discussion about the price differences away from other customers, they were willing to split the price difference with me.

So I got my vytec with the full manufacturer's warranty but paid a little more than shopping online. Plus it helps support the local dive shop.

This strategy came in handy when the vytec recall came around. Just drove my unit down to the LDS and they gave me a new one two weeks later. Beats the hell out of packaging and shipping it back to the online diveshop, especially if it came from simply scuba or diveinn.

they almost certainly risked their dealership to do that.

Aqualung/Suunto has a pretty strictly-enforced pricing policy...

If memory serves I paid ~750 for it from simplyscuba.com. You'd have to send it back to the UK for warranty service though...although you could probably buy two before you get to the cost of one at the LDS.

Got mine on Ebay for $380 for the wrist unit alone. Have to still buy the transmitter. I bought my computer interface from Jamiei. I figure I will save a good amount of money doing it this way, and so far I haven't had any warranty needs.

I priced the transmitter in town at the newest dive shop. Ha Ha. He quoted me full retail. $535. I thought I was going to die laughing. I told him to check out this board and see what was going on here. He had never heard of scubaboard.

that has to be a sin, boy is he in for surprise :)

I'm saving for a Vytec, I figure it's the next generation of the Cobra and hoseless ... it has to be the greatest dive computer available. Besides I thougth I was getting the best with Cochran and it turned out to be such a disappointment.

I wrote the company telling them several things their system needs. While they were responsive, it took them 2 years to make even one change ... the latest models actually display the time ... like duh already!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom