Glad to be home-but I miss the springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eramosakarst

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from Florida after the evil drive home-man Georgia is a looong state.My how things have changed there-I was especially impressed with Ginnies {new}storefront it is huge.My g/f did 3 of her 4 openwater dives but had to abort the 4th due to ear problems-ces't lavie.But on her 2nd dive at Crystal river she complained that the manatee would not move and she had to scuba around them-must be nice!!!!We actually saw dolphin corralling mullet at the shore-there were large schools of 4 ft tarpon abounding as well TONS of manatee-no pun intended.We did a drift dive in the rainbow river and while my g/f was impressed with vis I was saddened by the impact pollution has had here.10 years ago I dove the rainbow and it was so clear it was surreal-don't get me wrong it is amazing but compared to the past you can SEE the difference.I dove for the first time in 7 yrs and I was happy with my performance-I got into trim and hovered with no problems.I tried my 7ft around my neck/primary and waist mounted my primary light and I did not find it uncomfortable-no hose stuffin/butt mounting for me anymore.A couple of tweaks on plate hole location and I will be happy-It felt great to submerge again and Ginnie was beautiful as usual.I was expecting to see lots of people with DIR configurations but I was struck by how few people I encountered????Btw FROST was a daily morning ritual so I did not feel totally homesick.P.S Border crossing has become a less than enjoyable experience but unfortunately this is neccesary in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom