Free jbl's here!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panadero

Reaction score
Hi there!!!

Ok... ENOUGH!! im tired of looking at tunas, king mackerel, big grouper, etc at 10ft away from me and cant get them because of my heavy *** jbl competition magnum and my explorer 24. :dork2:

I know, I know... what am I thinking with those things trying to catch a tuna? (I catch once one 20 pounder).

Well, I got nothing else near!!!! I spearfish a lot near la paz (in baja, mexico), and sonora (northern gulf) and thats all what I can get on the market.

I had enough!

So questions...
1) im looking for a speargun that can give me the best price versus distance in the market. There is one rob allen on ebay, a tuna speargun for 370 bucks. But a new riffe of that size is 400 bucks, so... what should I do??

2) im in the 400-450 bucks or less (im still in college)

Rob allen? Riffe? Spetton? Beuchat? Ab biller? lots of brands

Its sad cause I recently bought the escaplez black fins and now im at the 15m range (on freediving) and im looking at some big *** groupers, snappers, and I cant get close enough for a shot!!! Plus, it looks crappy to be gearing up with nice fins, nice knive and ****ty jbls. I love them to close shots, for big fat groupers they rock!! their heavy shaft is awesome, but for distance... ZZZzzz :no

thanks a lot!!!
(and if anyone is coming down here, let me know!!)
:coffee:

Shoots long like... 10f? 15F??

16ft!!!!! on the biller 60. my riffe mt-3(wreck gun) shoots long and hard to with a enclosed track and 3 3/4 bands. but I loke usng the biller better. I just dont like euro guns b/c there chest loaded:lotsalove:

........ and I cant get close enough for a shot!!!

I think you answered your own question. It's not the gun if you are hunting Grouper, and Snaps. The JBL should be able to hit them with new bands. Slow down and concentrate on shot placement and stalking so the fish don't run from you.

Don't chase fish. They'll beat you every time.

You are wasting your time with those guns for tunas especially in open water. They are not made for it, like you said they are great in the rocks. The Magnum or 450 magnum XHD's may suffice....I have killed plenty of fish with a magnum....but if you really want to chase tuna you really should spend the money for a good long range gun. All the above are good but you also have to look at a Daryl Wong. A tuna capable gun is in the 600+ range but Daryl will work with you to ensure you get what you want.

It is not the gun for sure, but if you want to drop some dough might as well be on a Riffe!! I once owned a JBL killed fish with it to, but it didnt last long. I will stick with my Riffe.

Back
Top Bottom