Nitrox and Scubapro regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock1062

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the scubpro regs are nitrox ready and if they are to what percentage ? and does anyone dive scubapro with nitrox ?

Nearly any new regulators come nitrox-ready, so long as you're breathing EAN40 or anything less.

In terms of ScubaPro, they manufactured regulators specifically designed for nitrox about ten years ago. These came with yellow and green plastic covers on the 1st stage (see my avatar).

Many divers use scubapro regulators with nitrox, and I'm one of them. SP manufactures very high quality regs, they are certainly "nitrox-ready" (regardless of the color of the parts these days), and if you select SP regs they will serve you well.

Hope this helps.

Doc

My dive buddy does every dive using Scubapro regs with 32%. :)

They are good to 40% which is all you'd ever want for rec diving. (Of course, Doc beat me to it. :))

John

As stated above Sp regs are good to 40% out of the box.

The Mk 20 nitrox was shipped with green and yellow trim pieces to denote it's Nitrox compatibility. This was in the brief era when manufacturers had high hopes of being able to get away with selling dedicated nitrox regs to nitrox divers (the primary reason the industry suddenly did a 180 and embraced "voodoo gas".) But SP's Mk 20 Nitrox had the additional advantage of being rated for use with up to 100% O2 at up to 3500 psi. so it was truly oxygen compatible tp pressures well beyond pressures where sane people would normally pump O2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom