Dork Diver Challenge- Help with a Dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK fellow DD's and DD wannabes- There is a fine young man named Matt Johnson who embraces the pure spirit of diving and needs our help. So I am challenging all the Dork Divers to help get Matt in the water. For the price of a pink snorkel, orange shovel, back up safety sausage, propeller beanie, rabbit ear hood, yellow crocs, Dork Diver T-shirt or a few air fills we can make a difference. Follow this link to the story:

Please Help Matt

Or just go here to donate via Pay Pal:
Come Dive With Matt

I don't know anyone who wasn't touched by his story. Let's see if the DD family can't help make his day. :dork2:

Mike, this is a great cause. I left a little something for him.

:bump:

:unclesam: Man, this post must be written in Dorktonite (just like Kryptonite, but from the planet Dorkton, and apparently renders Dork Divers powerless).

Yeah, I'm pushy like this. :1poke:

As for me, I'm not the type to post about what I do or don't give to anyone, but regarding this thread, it is just me, or have a good number of DDs been in hibernation of late? (It's not cold yet, is it? :eek:)

I know we've been freezing our beanies off here in So Cal. Its down into the 70's during the day and even poking into the high 40's at night. Brrrrrrrr! Actually took the boat coat with me to Catalina last weekend. It looked great on the coathook. :loki3::errrr: :frosty:.

Maybe they are all in caves sleeping........

I understand your point regarding what you do and why you do it. Certainly something I can respect. I'd love to think everyone subscribes to that same philosophy of doing for the act itself. I also know that everyone may not find this to be what they want to assist with. That's OK too.

I thought Matt has already been in the water- so would this be to get him in the water again? He's on my friends list on myspace. Or maybe I'm on his. He has more friends than I do (it always seems to work out that way...).

Yes, this would be a new dive, not his first.

Back
Top Bottom