Exercise regimen suitable for scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. It's been quiet here on the scooter forum. I recently went diving with my SLA Gavin. A nice beast, but what a heavy beast after using the X all summer. I think there are some exercises prior to taking on a SLA scooter like a Gavin/SS/Farallon/Zeuxo/Zepp etc. Intentionally left off the list are the X's, N-19, Mako, Torpedo, Dacor & Sea Doo clones. 50 lbs (23 kg) and under doesn't count since 13 year old kids can pick em' up. :D. Magnum scooters aren't included also because you need two paid dive Sherpas.

Here are some exercises:
* Arm curls
* Bench press
* Power squats
* Dead lifts
* Filet knife (Gavin only)...builds resistance to carpal tunnel syndrome. :D

X

Forget the arm curls, you need compound exercises to make a real difference.
~ farmers walks
~ squats with shrug
~overhead squat {be very careful with this one}
~ shoulder/military press from standing position {engages the back more}
~ walking lunges, with weights of course

Go from there and use your imagination.

Here's a favorite exercise of mine. A favorite to watch that is.

Attachments

• buttpull2.jpg
    buttpull2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 151
Way quiet, that's because we're all having fun with our scooters. Did a nice scooter dive at Point Lobos yesterday. Decent viz, scootering around with less kelp to dodge due to the seasonal change. Spent some time getting the weighting right on the 2nd scooter.

What we need is a huge shipwreck in the Monterey Bay area to scooter aound...now that would be something to talk about in our area!

Ok. It's been quiet here on the scooter forum. I recently went diving with my SLA Gavin. A nice beast, but what a heavy beast after using the X all summer. I think there are some exercises prior to taking on a SLA scooter like a Gavin/SS/Farallon/Zeuxo/Zepp etc. Intentionally left off the list are the X's, N-19, Mako, Torpedo, Dacor & Sea Doo clones. 50 lbs (23 kg) and under doesn't count since 13 year old kids can pick em' up. :D. Magnum scooters aren't included also because you need two paid dive Sherpas.

Here are some exercises:
* Arm curls
* Bench press
* Power squats
* Dead lifts
* Filet knife (Gavin only)...builds resistance to carpal tunnel syndrome. :D

X

Way quiet, that's because we're all having fun with our scooters. Did a nice scooter dive at Point Lobos yesterday. Decent viz, scootering around with less kelp to dodge due to the seasonal change. Spent some time getting the weighting right on the 2nd scooter.

What we need is a huge shipwreck in the Monterey Bay area to scooter aound...now that would be something to talk about in our area!

Second scooter!!! Gavin...longie, or shortie?

X

Second scooter!!! Gavin...longie, or shortie?

X

It's the size just begger than the short, a 26AH body. It's got new batteries so I'm helping him dial in the weight and trim. It's interesting that the stock way the batteries are positioned is centered along center long axis of the scooter.

The way I set up mine is the battery weight more along the 6:00 position. That way the weight of the battery counteracts the counterclockwise rotation of the scooter when the trigger is on.

Now I wonder who we could talk to to arrainge something like that?:D

Hm...I don't know, but if you go to Northern California Oceans Foundation : NCOF, find out about the big event aboard the USS Hornet, aircraft carrier museum in Alameda. It's an event supporting the sinking of a US military ship in Monterey!:wink:

It's the size just begger than the short, a 26AH body. It's got new batteries so I'm helping him dial in the weight and trim. It's interesting that the stock way the batteries are positioned is centered along center long axis of the scooter.

The way I set up mine is the battery weight more along the 6:00 position. That way the weight of the battery counteracts the counterclockwise rotation of the scooter when the trigger is on.

I have my short body setup with no bias in the batteries, but then used the trim weights (~2.5lbs worth) to setup a slight bias at 6 o'clock. I need sherpas

Back
Top Bottom