servicing regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakeeib

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I buy many regulators whenever I see them at yard sales, rental sales, auction, etc...granted most are not top of the line. I have several that are US Diver, TUSA and some other European brands (thanks to my Army travels abroad) is there some place that can or will service these regs? Kinda a one stop shop? I use 2 of the better ones as back ups to mine and my wifes, but the rest I hope to use as student equipment one day and want to keep them in good working order and safe.

The answer is "it all depends". Depending on the age, make and model of the regulator you may have parts availability issues. Some manufacturers haven't changed their design for years while it seems like others do yearly.

NO, most likely not.

N

There are very few brands that we don't have kits for. And if we don't... we know someone locally who can. Obviously, we'd need a list to know for sure, but if you want to PM or email us a list, we can see what we could do for you. Here's a link to our Reg Service info: Regulator Repair

Since you're just a state away, shipping is only about 2 days each way as well.

Since your only about 5 hours away, I think I will just drive over and see you guys.
Thanks
I have ordered from you while I was stationed in Germany and can not thank you enough for shipping to APOs. Thanks for supporting this diving Soldier!

There are very few brands that we don't have kits for. And if we don't... we know someone locally who can. Obviously, we'd need a list to know for sure, but if you want to PM or email us a list, we can see what we could do for you. Here's a link to our Reg Service info: Regulator Repair

Since you're just a state away, shipping is only about 2 days each way as well.

OK,

1980 Tekna T2100?
1963 USD Calypso?
1966 USD Calypso J?
1968 Conshelf?
1968 Voit MR12?
Spinaker?
1958 Mistral?

To the OP, rather than a hodgepodge of dericlicts for your students why not invest in a set of identical regsulators,that way you can service them all at the same place using the same kits or even learn yourself.

N

As much as I am an old regulator fan, I agree with Nemrod on this one.

Teaching studnets on identical equipment makes more sense as the regs will not have to be student specific and maintainance will be much easier. And if you teach a lot and rent equipment to new students, you will be looking at 2-3 services per year, not just one. In that case, stocking parts and knowing how to service just one model of easy to service reg will make your life a lot simpler.

Plus many companies offer excellent prices to instructors and rental departments in shops. For example Scubapro periodically offers discounts on their Mk 2 R190 to instructors and rental departments for around $70-75 each and then sends 3 service kits per year per reg to the dealer. The cost of a new Mk 2 R190 under those circumstances is less than you'd to mail an old reg out for service and I am pretty sure most other companies offer similar discounts.

Back
Top Bottom