Scooter Video of Sunday's dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice Harry!

Never dived in Monterey, but was planning last year, until i realised how cold it is there!

It looks like there is a bit of swell/current there - Lovely clear water mind!

I've just a couple of Apollo Evo's, which I can't wait to take out...

Terrific video. Probably some of the nicest kelp footage I've seen.

Great to look at while enjoying lunch. Of course, I always enjoy seeing scooters!

X

Very relaxing!!

Very nice Harry!

Never dived in Monterey, but was planning last year, until i realised how cold it is there!

It looks like there is a bit of swell/current there - Lovely clear water mind!

I've just a couple of Apollo Evo's, which I can't wait to take out...

Well...it's not really cold as long as you have adequate exposure protection. I dive a DUI with a 400 gm undergarmet and a Thinsulate vest which keeps me very warm!

Sometimes we have current but not often and there is commonly some surge, but it's easily manageable. I kind of like the surge, it allows me to swim with the rhythm of the oceans.

Have fun taking out the Evo, share some photos when you do!

Terrific video. Probably some of the nicest kelp footage I've seen.

Great to look at while enjoying lunch. Of course, I always enjoy seeing scooters!

X

Yea, this is now one of my favorite videos.

The problem with scooters is that they become quite addictive and doing any long swim out from a shore dive becomes even more insufferable.

Wow- that is some great video. I love the definition. I miss diving the kelp forests off the California coast. But I don't miss 1/4" wetsuits and hoods!:D

Thanks for sharing!

Warm water is nice too. This year I spent a good amount of time on both coasts of Mexico diving and then in South Florida diving. In South Florida, Keys area, it was 89 degrees and a .5 mil was just perfect!

Even after all that, I looked forward to diving back in the Monterey area! Of course I don't dive a wetsuit but a drysuit, so I'm pretty toasty warm. I think it's much easier to have dived in colder waters and then go to warmer waters than the other way around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom