best reg for upside down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sometimes I like to scuba upside down to gaze at the surface, but my reg (a lower end oceanic) won't really allow it, it breathes completely wet.

Since I don't have the time to develop gills, can anyone advise me on a reg that will allow me to breathe upside down?

Pamela

Atomic B2 ... or any of the Atomics. 'Well known for nearly any direction you go UW. I often get into some photo positions upside down, & not only dry breathing, but super easy flow as well.

I have an Atomic and an Apeks and I would say the Apeks works better inverted than the Atomic. Mine is an Apeks ATX200.

Any good old double hose will allow upside down diving. N

single_vs_double_hose.jpg

This relates the facts oof physics to which ALL regulators MUST contend. No single hose regulator with the diapram at the mouth, side exhaust or not, can breath as well upside down as rightside up. Some are worse than others but they still must follow the physical facts. The difference is not between the diaphram and the mouth but the diaphram and the LUNGS.

N

I have a scubapro MK25/600 and it breaths dry upside down. Breathing is really easy as well.

thanks everybody!

Looks like the regs you're recommending are all more expensive than my cheap lil wet Oceanic...

Did I possibly get what I paid for?

Back
Top Bottom