Atomic B2 environmental seal kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

User0559

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone sent thier reg back to Atomic Aquatics to have an environmental seal kit installed on B2? I'm can't seem to find a dealer that will do it for me so I'm thinking of just sending it to them directly. Anyone know of the cost and turn around time?
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried calling them??

now thats just too easy. I quess my qustion is. Has anyone had the experience of sending back to Atomic for this service? Is it worth the effort and cost (shipping) and the wait? or just try to track down someone that will do it for me. I've talked to 2 shops so far in my area and they won't touch it and they are dealers.

Why would an Atomic service tech not do the work? It's pretty simple. Do these shops not have authorized techs?

No, I wouldn't send it back to Atomic except as a last resort. I'm sure their service is fine, but I'm sure it would take several weeks to get it back -- shipping both ways, time in the shop, etc.

I'd try another local shop.

Why do you want an environmental seal? The part change out is replacing that black rubber ring that has holes in it to one that does not. Of course, you must add cristo-lube inside as well. Any Atomic tech should be able to do it.

I can't imagine why an Atomic tech wouldn't or couldn't do it. It's pretty straightforward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom