Know any fighter pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Say, Oahu, If anyone has a connection to the flyboys that come to KOA would you please ask them for me…
  • To please come more often
  • To please stay longer
  • And please do more really cool things like skying out in 20 seconds
I’d appreciate it.

Mahalo,
(signed) The little dot jumping up and down at the end of the runway where all those ponds are.

• And please do more really cool things like skying out in 20 seconds
I’d appreciate it.
I am pretty well versed in aviation-speak, but never heard that term before. If they did something like stay low after takeoff to build speed, and then go vertical, that is known as a maximum performance climb.

So what sort of planes were they? F-15's from Hickam are the only local fighter aircraft, as
I'd think the Blue Angels F-18's would be long gone by now.

*chuckle* Hang glider terminology for prolonged vertical climb. Skying out until disappearing from view; the pilot has skyed out. When a pegged out vario - variometer stays at maximum rate of climb it can register in feet per second (mine goes to 1500’) is included, it’s a rush.

Maximum performance climb sounds like it looked, them boys can really hit the gas and get outa town right quick.

It’s usually F-16’s (pairs) in formation. With the random single being more of a Maverick. I haven’t seen The Blue Angles or Thunderbirds for over 10 years but they were pretty clearly labeled then. I swear I saw a Harrier once (geeze I love them) and a Stealth (downright eerie) but the best was a jet I don’t know and was JFA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom