Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JThompson

Contributor
Reaction score
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wondering why the majority of people always talks about scubapro,apeks, and atomic regulators. Whenever anyone wants opinions on good regs everyone always talks about those 3. I dive with the aqua lung legend lx and love it. Is there a reason more people (Including "tec" divers) dont use this reg?

Good question. I love my LX so much that I am looking at one for my pony bottle. Some one recently said they did not like the Titan reg that comes with it.

I have the Legend and a Titan, both are good regulators if not possibly the best available today--however--they are plastic and they are prone to sand entering the venturi/adjustment knob and resulting gritty operation. N

Im still waiting for a down-stream, balanced (or should I say 1/2 balanced) all metal second stage....but, that would last too long..cant have that....:eyebrow:

The Blingulator (Legend) is the result of Aqua Lung purchasing Apeks. The designs are similar. I regularly sell and dive both and the Apeks regs breathe a teeny bit better IMHO. Also, the hose routing isnt as clean for doubles (slight angle on them), which is one of the reasons its not as popular with tech divers. Mind you, I have seen tecchies on my boats with Legends on their doubles. Usually with the gold ring replaced for the more palatable silver version :)

In had just the oppsoite thoughtthta the Legend breathed a tiny bit better than my buddies Apex. In any case you may substitute a silver ring for the gold one and the best thing would be if AL would substitute a silver case--chrome plated brass-- for the black plastic crap everybody uses these days including Apecks. BTW, the Titan breaths like .98% as good as either and is a lot cheaper and easier to work on and tune.

N

As far as plastic parts go i'm supprised that more people dont talk about the internal parts of the scuba pro S600. It seems that if you compare the legend and the S600, the legend has a better second stage. You would think with how much you have to pay for the scuba pro reg they would build it a little bit better. They both have good reputations for breathing good so when i was trying to make up my mind which one to get the internal parts are what made up my mind. Plus the legend was a hundred dollars cheaper :)

Sorry for a third post on the subject but as long as everybody brags on and on about how great their plastic toys are the manufacturers have no reason to change. The plastic is there simply for cost reduction and nothing else and as long as they have everybody fooled into thinking it is high tech and yearly rebuilds are normal and all that they will just keep on cheaping it up. I took this Legend apart and while I was in the store the owner allowed me to take apart the Apeks. Well, I don't think he fully underestood I was actually going to but in any case I did. They are essentially the same inside with no significant differences. They both have way to much plastic as does the high dollar ScubaPro units as well. Here is the deal--the moving parts are PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine being a thousand feet back in a cave and your life depends upon a part speced by a Bean Counter. It ain't high tech--it is cheap and that is all there is to it. N

Im still waiting for a down-stream, balanced (or should I say 1/2 balanced) all metal second stage....but, that would last too long..cant have that....:eyebrow:

Why don't you spend $35 and buy an old SP balanced adjustable? While you're at it spend another $40 and get a MK5? Then everything other than the hose and dustcap would be metal; you even get a metal yoke knob.

As far as plastic parts go i'm supprised that more people dont talk about the internal parts of the scuba pro S600. It seems that if you compare the legend and the S600, the legend has a better second stage. You would think with how much you have to pay for the scuba pro reg they would build it a little bit better. They both have good reputations for breathing good so when i was trying to make up my mind which one to get the internal parts are what made up my mind. Plus the legend was a hundred dollars cheaper :)

Do You Have Both The S600 And the Legend second stages?

I have compared them both visually but have not breathed out of either reg,Have You?
From what i have read on this board both are very good regs , i dont think you can Judge one that much Better then the other.
But if you want an experts opinion , ask DA Aquamaster.
I am a Scuba Pro user and I think that the best scuba Pro you Can Buy will match up with any reg including Atomic And Apex.
The reg i own cost far less and matched those regs breath for breath on testing.
The reg i have was a hundred dollars less then that Legeng lx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom