Thinking of getting involved in underwater photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucknorris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am thinking about getting into underwater photography since I see all this cool stuff but it is a bit hard to explain it to my friends...what is a good camera (and strobe? or other equipment??) for me...for a little more info I am trimix certified usually in low light environments. I don't want an extraordinarily expensive camera but I also want one that I can keep up with me. Any suggestions?? I really appreciate it!

A shopping we will go, a shopping we will go....!

Have you checked out the Sticky at the top of the forum? You can get there via the Pink Link in my signature, too. Inside is all sorts of information to help you narrow your search and answer your initial questions.

Are you going to want strobes? Are you simply going to want something to tuck into a pocket? What kinds of scenes do you like to shoot? What's your budget?

More information after reading the Sticky will help us all give you some more direction, maybe :wink:

Back
Top Bottom