Duo hicup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My Nitek Duo is acting goofy. On a shallow dive, 20', about 40 min into it, the depth kept jumping to 10' and then back to 20'. The ascent alarm was constantly going off too. The only resolution was to reset it.

This is the second time it has happened to me. Happened about a year ago, or 120 dives ago. After the reset, everything seemed fine, although it didn't log the dive the incident happened on.

Any suggestions as I am getting ready to go cave diving and am a little apprehensive about my computer now.

Thanks

Not real familiar with DR comps but have you changed the battery lately. My veo gets squirrely when the batt gets low. Last time it happened was in the St Lawrence. Batt would flash low then be fine, then the date started changing and the time would be way off. Swapped out the batt and it's been fine up until last dive two weeks ago( which would have been 13 months and a little over 100 dives since battery swap). Guess what I'm doing before I take it in the water again? It and the going tech is also the reason I acquired a digital bottom timer this summer. Now if the comp dies I can still use the BT and tables or my wheel and be good to go. Unless someone comes up with something else I'd do the battery and think about a back up to your Duo.

I would also suspect the battery. I am using a 4 year old Cressi Archimede, which is an earlier, single gas Seiko computer like the Duo, Apeks, and Tusa models. During a trip to Egypt this year I changed the battery after my computer said I made a dive to 91 meters (about 300 ft) for 85 minutes on an AL80. That is the only time it's ever burped on me.

Phil

Sounds like a battery issue.....I have had 3 DR Duos...still own 2 and love them....first a few years back went south and dive shop replaced it for me.

I'll swap out the bat and see what happens. Thx for the advice

My Nitek Duo is acting goofy. On a shallow dive, 20', about 40 min into it, the depth kept jumping to 10' and then back to 20'. The ascent alarm was constantly going off too. The only resolution was to reset it.

This is the second time it has happened to me. Happened about a year ago, or 120 dives ago. After the reset, everything seemed fine, although it didn't log the dive the incident happened on.

Any suggestions as I am getting ready to go cave diving and am a little apprehensive about my computer now.

Thanks

Hello OBX,

I think this might be more than a battery issue. Please contact service@diverite.com for a RMA number. Send it in and we'll do an evaluation for you.

Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom