I'm considering the 905 frontzip dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaycanwk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering the 905 front zip dysuit. My question is, what are the boot choices? Is there a soft boot option? Will there be that option in the future?

To be honest, I had my heart set on a Whites360 but your new frontzip 905 has me very tempted so far. The boots are not nessecarly a deal breaker but I do kinda like the soft boot option on the Whites.

Jason ~~

I'm considering the 905 front zip dysuit. My question is, what are the boot choices? Is there a soft boot option? Will there be that option in the future?

To be honest, I had my heart set on a Whites360 but your new frontzip 905 has me very tempted so far. The boots are not nessecarly a deal breaker but I do kinda like the soft boot option on the Whites.

Jason ~~

Hi Jason,

Thanks for considering the Dive Rite 905! The 905 comes standard with a neoprene rubber boot. We do not make soft "sock-type" boots, nor are any planned. One of the parameters we have for our design is a boot/suit that will stand up to rigorous tech dives. The sock-type boots will wear around the fin as the fin rubs when you kick. Over time, small holes develop and you end up with an aqua-seal boot vs. a soft-sock boot. Believe me, I used to own a pair!

However, we recognize that you may have another dive goal in mind and the soft boots might be what you need. If so, we are sorry to tell you that we will not be carrying them for the 905.

If we can help with any other questions, let me know.

Best,
Kathleen

Kathleen.

what's the "lead time" on the 905 shipping? (meaning how long does it take now to get a 905 after it's ordered?)

We have a full size run in stock now. I understand that Bill Rennaker may run a special on 905 drysuits this Saturday (Oct 27) at REACT (see Cave Excursions Cave Diving Techniques Training Equipment North Central Florida Cave Diving for more info). If that is the case, we will run through a lot of inventory so all sizes may not be readily available after Saturday. We do have another shipment in route, so I do not anticipate your wait to be more than a few weeks.

Stop by REACT and try one on if you can.

Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom