Interested in contributing to a new wreck website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the reasons I started diving was interest in wrecks, both ship and aircraft. I'm planning on starting a reference website that will cater specifically to the wreck diver, and contain wreck news, wreck trip reports, and potentially a global database of various wrecks accessable to divers (although such databases already exist to a degree, and is a large undertaking).

To kick the site off, I'm looking for a couple of wreck dive "reviews" written by divers, hopefully with some original photography. Copyright of the articles and photography would remain the property of and be credited to the author, but I would be able to publish them on the site. I'm after content and articles on specific wrecks, not "my holiday in Florida" sort of stuff. Part of the database would be images of specific wrecks, so if you have any images of wrecks you are willing to contribute to a reference site, I would be interested in hosting those as well.

So, if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM with some details of what you have to contribute. Once I have a few articles and images available for publishing, I'll post the URL.

thanks!

Ben

sounds like a good one!

best of luck with it, if I come up with any material for you, I'll forward it along.

I'm working on a lake ontario database, and it's turning out to be a MUCH bigger job than I anticipated! I can only imagine the scope of your project :wink:

What market are you catering to? Are you looking for multiple gas dive profiles with penetration and recovery or single tank no deco stuff?
Cheers

Divesherpa once bubbled...
What market are you catering to? Are you looking for multiple gas dive profiles with penetration and recovery or single tank no deco stuff?
Cheers
Anything you can reach without a minisub :) I'll probably be concentrating my efforts on Florida and California wrecks to begin with until the site gains some momentum, but any wreck that is diveable is welcome, including aircraft, whether it be a weenie snorkle, or staged trimix!

At the moment the site is not representative of what I plan it to be in future - as I collect reviews and images, I'm dumping them to the site, but it is by no means anything like how I intend the functionality or look and feel to be in future. The hard part is getting enough content to get it up and running in the first place. It will be pretty dynamic over the next few months while changes are made.

Back
Top Bottom