Drifting off the Daryaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chloro

Reaction score
Guys,

Next time you dive the Daryaw, just drop of the stern of the wreck (at the end of the rope) and let it go. You'll follow the channel of the old seaway and meet a few sturgeons, BBQ (true !) and find more crap such as masks, sunglasses and more..

You can exit at the dock of ABUCS where there's a rope that leads you to the shore.

Try it, it is cool...

About 40 min drift, max depth 99ft and take a pony if you don't dive doubles.

chloro once bubbled...
Next time you dive the Daryaw, just drop of the stern of the wreck (at the end of the rope) and let it go.

Although I like the Daryaw --- I prefer a drift, I've experienced this only once, but can't wait to do it again. I have a dive scheduled there to do a few skills required for some training, so I can't wait.

Another thing to take along would be a bag (or something to inflate) incase you get off track. Remember no visiting the USA without clearing customs :D

Yes its a nice dive. I have done it many times myself but I would not recommend it to people to do without a strong knowledge of the bottom lay out. I would also suggest you get permission from the people at Dockers to plan a dive's exit on their property. Most charter boat operators expect to leave the wreck with the same number of divers as they started with! Sections of this area are an emergency anchorage so just firing up a lift bag is not always the best plan.

...and no need to tell you guys that we did it with a boat following us, each 98cuft steel tank and a 40cuft pony stage and an emergency marker with a reel.

Don't even think of doing it with an 80cuft ...

You do it with another person that has been there several time.

Contact Helen at ABUCS scuba or Max at UWbum. Their charter leaves this dock and they do it often enough, safely.

definately have a "chase boat".

Thanks Bubble Boy-- one important factor I forgot to include on the dive I did.

The dive I participated in was not on a typical charter operation, rather a friend who has a dive boat, so when we were down there drifting along, the boat (with a pilot) drifted with us as we were the only folks on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom