New Website - Vintage Single and Double Hoses Regulators!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guadeira70

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :14:,

This message to present you our new website about : vintage regs, single and double hoses regulators from worldwide. This site is in constant evolution. We create a Forum to exchange informations between collectors about all regs!
Authors are French diving instructors (FFESSM/CMAS)

.:: SDHR - Vintage Regulators ::.

See our new regs:

Sportways - Waterlung 200
Nemrod - Delta
DuroDakovic - Spiro 8 (la spirotechnique)
Star France - model2

Why this name S.D.H.R. ? single and double hoses regulators

Visit our website,

Thanks

SDHR Team

I had to Google up the address of your site as you hadn't included it in your message! I assume it's the one at

.:: SDHR - Detendeurs de Collection Anciens ::.

Please change the colours of your home page. Black writing on a dark blue background is all but impossible to read.

Can I also ask you to consider broadening your coverage of vintage diving equipment beyond regulators? Yes, I know that's the name of your site, but there are already American, European and Japanese sites and forums dedicated to double and single-hose regulators, but far too little on other items of vintage equipment such as fins, masks, snorkels and drysuits. As a vintage snorkeller, I get very frustrated when historical diving sites and forums focus exclusively on the development of breathing apparatus, important as that is. The Diving History site at

DivingHistory.com - Preserving the history of skin and scuba diving

has done wonders for the historiography of American diving equipment with its masses of original advertisements for every type of diving equipment. There is nothing similar to document the history of diving equipment in Europe. The primary sources in the Diving History site has helped me to document as many as a dozen early American drysuits. Apart from the Italian Pirelli suit, the British Dunlop, Siebe-Gorman and Heinke suits and the East German Pinguin suit, there's really no information online about early drysuit manufacture in other European countries. Taking France as an example, it would be good to collect data about Cousteau's constant-volume suit and the La Spirotechnique Phoque suit. I believe Mares made an "Impermeabile" suit in the early 1960s and Dräger of Germany had another suit around the same time, but it's impossible to find out anything about them...

So Bonne chance with the regulators, but consider widening your horizons a little more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom