How much more weight when you go up in wetsuit size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishmunger

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 6' 170lbs, and fairly lean (i'm a sinker). Anyways, I've been diving a SS backplate (5#), a steel 72, and 5 lbs of lead on my belt with a 4 mm fullsuit. The water is getting colder now, and I'm gonna wear a 7mm suit. I'm wondering about how many pounds I need to add to compensate for the extra 3mm thickness. I was guessing maybe 3? But I really don't know...

Also, my GF just finished her OW class. She is 120 lbs, and in her class dove with a 3mm fullsuit, an aluminum 63, and 12 lbs of lead. Now however, she will be diving with me with:

a 7mm fullsuit
a steel 72
and in saltwater

How much weight do you think she'll need?

Thanks,

Nate

I guess the only way to figure this one out is to do another buoyancy check. I've heard that the buoyancy characteristics of a new and old suit were different, so this has to be taken into consideration as well as the additional 3mm.

Between MY 5/4 and MY 7 I see a 4 pound delta but you probably have real data by now.

She may see about the same change as you. The suit is a bigger jump but he cylinder change is favorable.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom