Dive Rite RG2500 wet breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuby-doo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi-

I have a 3 months new RG2500 reg that works great, but I have noticed that it gets a little water in the 2nd stage when I invert at all and even when level diving to some degree. I'm sure this isn't normal. Any clues?

(I saw similar posts here from 3 months ago, but no real solutions were given).

Mahalo

Patrick

Hi-

I have a 3 months new RG2500 reg that works great, but I have noticed that it gets a little water in the 2nd stage when I invert at all and even when level diving to some degree. I'm sure this isn't normal. Any clues?

(I saw similar posts here from 3 months ago, but no real solutions were given).

Mahalo

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the post. There could be several things to check. First, check the exhaust valve and see if there is any debris in it. Also, check the mouthpiece for holes and ensure that it is tight. Finally, check to see that the diaphragm is seated properly. If you continue to have issues, give us a call and send it in. We will be happy to evaluate it at the factory.

Best,
Kathleen

Mine was doing that and I finally found a small tear between the zip tie and the part of the mouthpiece you put in your mouth. The tear was super tiny and hard to find on the black mouthpiece.
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the post. There could be several things to check. First, check the exhaust valve and see if there is any debris in it. Also, check the mouthpiece for holes and ensure that it is tight. Finally, check to see that the diaphragm is seated properly. If you continue to have issues, give us a call and send it in. We will be happy to evaluate it at the factory.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen-

I did all that you suggested a couple of times prior to my post. I've replaced the zip tie holding a brand new mouthpiece on, just to be safe. It's still happening. I'll send it over so you can look at it.

Mahalo

Patrick

Mine was doing that and I finally found a small tear between the zip tie and the part of the mouthpiece you put in your mouth. The tear was super tiny and hard to find on the black mouthpiece.
Ber :lilbunny:

I checked and everything looks good. I've replaced the mouthpiece with a moldable clear one (almost $40!) and made sure the zip tie is properly installed. Don't know what else it could be...

Mine does as well with no noticeable reason.

Same issue with my RG2500. Purchased new a few months ago. Stays dry when swimming horizontal or head up, but the amount of water coming in increases as the 2nd stage gets more inverted.

My RG2500ICE was perfectly dry... until annual service. Now it's a little wet when deeper and facing down.

Back
Top Bottom