Sea and Sea MX-10 strobe problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpd525

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought a used C&C MX-10 from a guy i work with. And for some reason i'm having trouble getting the big strobe to work right. I know it's got an optical connection at the bottom of the camera and the strobe, but for some reason I can't get the big strobe to work all the time. unless i hold it under me and facing straight down, or if i wiggle it just right. Can someone with experience with these help me out. I'm getting angry.

Thanks

Hummm, is the ready light on all the time? If not, I suspect a bad battery connection. Make sure the battery cap and connections in the strobe are clean and in good shape. Try taking the strobe off of the camera and firing it to see if it will reliably fire in all positions. You can trigger it with either a TV remote or just hold it with the optical window in the general direction of the camera flash. Almost any IR light will trigger the flash.

If all else fails, I have a MX-10/YS-40 plus several close up and macro lenses that need a good home.

I would agree that it is probably the battery connrction. Clean the battery connection on the cap, and in the strobe, with an eraser. Also, make sure that you are getting a food connection. Gently bend up the connectors on the stobe cap just a bit to make sure you are getting a good connection.

Let us know if any of this works.

Back
Top Bottom