underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Olympus SW770 looks like a nice unit. They also make an OEM case to go with it. I dive with a few guy who have them.

I have gone the Sony route. See New Point and Shoot thread.

I am looking to purchase a reasonably price digital camera for diving. Any suggestions?

I have recently(4 months ago) changed from 35 mm(since '95) to digital.......I went wth the Canon A570IS and Canon UW case for about $400...See my pics in my sig, I am very pleased(plus now I have video to shoot with a 'flip of the switch').......

Two huge sellers with us:

Sealife Mini- $299 6.1 MP and does video with all color correcting done in the camera, this is an entry level camera

Sealife Maxx Set- $1299 Complete with 2 strobes, wide angle lens, 6.1MP, all batteries and charges, and rugged Pelican case for storage and travel

I personally have the Maxx set and fell in love with it...the adjustable strobes is key, and I liked having everything I needed included so I didnt have to buy anything extra. It is pricey though...but availble with less options cheaper......

You looking more entry level or higher end?

Great to see you are joining all of us in the never ending money pit that is underwater photography!

If you haven't checked out the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo area (or you can follow the Pink Link in my sig), please do. Inside you'll find all sorts of ideas on various models to help you get started choosing the right rig for your needs.

Personally I'd hit the Canon A series range - something for everyone and great little units. If you want a bit more, Canon S or G series. Fuji has a the F30/31 (if you can find them) that have no manual controls but are nice tiny units if all you want to do is get up close and personal with your subjects.

I've two friends with the Olys, and I have the older model, and I'm not impressed really. Fine for mucking about on the beach, but underwater, <shrug> eh. And for the price, no way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom