Poseidon regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

603doug

Registered
Reaction score
I bought 2 Poseidon odin/jetstream design regs in the late 80's and loved them. Broke them out of the closet to have them serviced a couple of years ago and was told by a poseidon service dealer that they were not worth servicing (they never even looked at the regs, so it was not that they were worn out). Hate to dx them, would value others opinion on the subject

I bought 2 Poseidon odin/jetstream design regs in the late 80's and loved them. Broke them out of the closet to have them serviced a couple of years ago and was told by a poseidon service dealer that they were not worth servicing (they never even looked at the regs, so it was not that they were worn out). Hate to dx them, would value others opinion on the subject

They have service kits for the older Poseidons. I had a pair done about two years ago. They are simply tough regs. I would suspect the guys at your LDS didn't have some of the tools, nor the training to work on them. I'd alos like to add that it's important to have someone wh knows how to work on this things do your service. I had one done by a guy who thought he could handle them...he ended up ruining one first stage completely.

X

Part of the problem "you did not buy them from from my shop". I looked up the poseidon web site and they are listed as a dealer/service center but so are a couple of other local shops, will give them a call. thanks for the positive info

Part of the problem "you did not buy them from from my shop". I looked up the poseidon web site and they are listed as a dealer/service center but so are a couple of other local shops, will give them a call. thanks for the positive info
```

If you get truly stuck let me know. Additionally, John Yurga of the Andrea Doria / U-869 fame is a well known Posiedon technician in the NE.

X

They are worth it. Parts are available and I can't think of a reason not to rebuild them and use them.

Talking to a friend's son-in-law this weekend who is an instructor at a local dive shop told me about a certified poseidon tech who lives 10 mins from my home.
Can not get much better than that. Thank you all for you help.

Back
Top Bottom