Desperatley Seeking a POOL!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Aloha Ohana,

I'm really stuck these days and looking for a little help.

As a PADI instructor it's always fun teaching Open Water Courses. I remember my first time getting all the gear on then hopping in and cranking through skills. It is one of those experiences that has turned me into a big Divegeek. Being a diver has taken me to Australia, Thailand, Honduras and finally led me out here 2 and a half years ago.....

This being said, I'm having a tough time finding somewhere to do confined water training..... I know, I know, some of you are going to say "Magic Island" or "Makai Research Peir!" In the summer, Three Tables and Sharks Cove are great. It's awesome to be able to take people out for a guided tour after they have ticked off a few skills.

I am at a critical point where I believe that a pool is essential to providing a quality learning experience. I feel that if a student is having difficulty with a certain skill or grasping a concept, they don't need the extra stress of getting bumped around by surge or worrying if there is a shark underneath their feet!

SO...... I'm offering two full Open Water Certifications or Advanced Open Water Certifications to anyone who has a pool that they might let me use from time to time. I have posted on Craigslist a few times with no luck and now I turn to you mighty Ohana!

Ideally, the pool would be a private residence (apartments don't seem to dig people hanging out in their pool for a few hours with scuba gear on). I will of course put tanks into boots, respect your property and call when I have students needing to use the pool.

IN RETURN.... You can expect TWO FULL Open Water or Advanced Open Water courses, no strings attached, all gear, books and boat dives included. You can give these away for Christmas, save em up for when your kids are old enough to be certified or pass them along to friends and relatives who may be visiting. Ideally, you are helping me keep doing what I love to do and in return I can offer the gift of diving!

Please feel free to pass this on to ANYONE (divers or those not yet divers) who may be interested. You can PM me back if you have any questions or better yet just gime me a ring at (808) 772 1795.

For those of you that know me, it's hard for me to ask for assistance. Since forming Kaimana Divers over a year ago, it has pretty much just been me doing all the schedueling, emailing, phone calls, training and diving. Thus, I feel crazy asking for this favor, but as I mentioned before, I'm stuck.

Thanks so much in advance, Ohana.... I'm sure something work itself out!

ALOHA and Big MAHALOS!

Gabe @ KD

I have a fair sized blow up pool with filter and ladder...don't know if it's deep enough (3.5-4' deep) for you or if you have a place to put it up....

Back
Top Bottom