Anyone dive Guadeloupe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
HI!
I need help.
I'll be going on a 10 day cruise next month. One of the ports is Guadeloupe. I must dive there! But I do not speak enough French to get by once I'm there, so I must find an English speaking dive shop before I go.( If there is such a thing)
I want to pre book the dives for the day, if possible.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Natasha,

Here is an idea for you ... I went to ScubaDirectory.com and did a search for Guadeloupe and got about a dozen or so matches.

Just email each one of them and ask them what you just asked us, tell them you will be traveling there and wanted to know if they spoke English. If you get some replies you will quickly know if they speak English or not. Many of the hotels (thinking you may be staying with them) may even be more than helpful in trying to accomodate your searching.

Hope this helps ...

=-)

King N,
Thank you for the help. I have been in contact with a dive shop there, and they even say they will meet us at the ship and drive us the 25 minutes to the dive site.
All this for 200.00 Francs, a person. I wrote him back asking what the convertion is in US $'s, but I'm sure it is a fare price.
So once again, this is the greatest free service on line!

Natasha,
The conversion rate as of 20:00, 13 Oct 2000 is
1 US dollar = 7.66 Francs,or for the service you mentioned in your post about $26.11.
You can find this information at Yahoo. Go to "My Yahoo" & find the currency converter & plug in your numbers.
Hope this helps.
There's also one at http://www.scubasearch.com/currency.html
Just found it.

Natasha:
HI!
I need help.
I'll be going on a 10 day cruise next month. One of the ports is Guadeloupe. I must dive there! But I do not speak enough French to get by once I'm there, so I must find an English speaking dive shop before I go.( If there is such a thing)
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
great diving off of Piegon island located off basse terre. They all speak english when money is involved.

Hi,
The franc does not exist any more its been euros for several years now. I suspect the price you have in in euros. Todays rate is 1 euro = 1.2 USD or 82 cents is the same as a euro.

Doug

cosidering that the original post was made oh about five years ago :wink: its quite possable that the price was in francs :wink:

Natasha:
HI!
I need help.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

hey Natasha

I presume you mean Guadeloupe in the Caribbean if not dont forget your shark cage for the other island located off the coast of mexico (its Great White country)

Have fun and dive safe

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom