Photos from Thailand and Burma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manta Buddy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anna and I had a trip to Thailand and Burma earlier this year.

It's a mix of C24-70 and S15mm fisheye photos. It was the first time I used my DSLR. These are some of the shots Anna and I liked. The WA pictures are from Similans and rest are from Burma. Many thanks to Mermaid1 crew for making it a smooth and enjoyable trip.

Similans_Coral_reef.jpg

Similans_-_Coral_reef.jpg

Octopuss_sea_urchins.jpg

My_friends.jpg

Clown_fish2.jpg

Cuttle-fish.jpg

Looove that cuttlefish shot! Lovely!

I'm off to Thailand tomorrow night - similans etc only - got any suggestions?

Thank you for good words. That was a great encounter.

The wide-angle reef shots are Anita's reef. The divers shot is Boulder City. Elephant Head and East of Eden were also great spots.

Got to go, the plane is in two hours. Any more comments and advice are very welcome.

Nice pics. The cuttlefish are good as is the octopus. Lots of fish on that coral head. Thanks for sharing.

love the last 2 pics. So how was the travel with a large dSLR compared to your previous camera ?

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! I'm off to Thailand and the Similans in 2 months time, can't wait!!

Martin, we took a trip mid-January. The weather was good. I do not recall it raining, but I recall it was sunny about 60% of the time. Vis was 50-70 ft depending on a day and a site. I can't tell if it is always like that, but in our case vis was better in the Similans compared to Burma. Water temp was about 84F :) could not complain.

Safe Diving and enjoy your trip!
Denis

Stu, you bet it was much easier with a compact Oly and a single flash :) For dSLR I got a couple of Kata bags to fit the photo toys. These bags are designed to be put one over the other on an insertible trolley. The camera and lenses went into a smaller one, the Subal box, strobes, arms, etc into a bigger one. I have just taken it to Costa Rica (writing to you from a hotel before getting on the boat) and both times was able to get both bags as carry-on. The airline has not given me trouble with it so far making me check at least the bigger on in. Hope I don´t jinx my luck :wink:
Check out Kata Home Page

Back
Top Bottom