RG2500 to RG2500 ICE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kawasakign

Registered
Reaction score
Can I have my 2500 upgraded to the cold water version when I do my yearly service?
I am assuming that the parts that are cold water compatible are ones that can be exchanged and it isn't a change to the core of the regulator right?

Planning on doing more cold water dives and want to make sure the regs are ready for this before I jump into cold water continuously.

Can I have my 2500 upgraded to the cold water version when I do my yearly service?
I am assuming that the parts that are cold water compatible are ones that can be exchanged and it isn't a change to the core of the regulator right?

Planning on doing more cold water dives and want to make sure the regs are ready for this before I jump into cold water continuously.

Hello,

Yes, you can most definitely upgrade your 2500 with the environmental kit. The kit attaches to the existing first stage.

Thanks for asking,
Kathleen

Hello,

Yes, you can most definitely upgrade your 2500 with the environmental kit. The kit attaches to the existing first stage.

Thanks for asking,
Kathleen

Is it easy to add (something a non-professional could do)? Because if it is then I could just order the environmental kits rather than sending the regs in for the upgrade.

Is it easy to add (something a non-professional could do)? Because if it is then I could just order the environmental kits rather than sending the regs in for the upgrade.

Hi Floater,

The ICE kit is factory or dealer install. Your local dealer should be able to take care of you and/or we can do it here at HQ.

Thanks.

Hi Floater,

The ICE kit is factory or dealer install. Your local dealer should be able to take care of you and/or we can do it here at HQ.

Thanks.

I understand the position of Dive Rite as a manufacturer in this question...
But upgrading RG2500 to ICE version is very simple operation. The only tool you should have, besides 6mm Hex and Spanner wrenches, is the Intermediate Pressure Check Gauge, to set up intermediate pressure after upgrading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom