Scubapro MK-17 / S555

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AQUAH0LIC

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I am new to scuba diving and I am looking at purchasing my first regulator. I have only been exposed to the regulators available during my training, and I havent had a chance to personally use any ScubaPro products. However, I have found good reviews on the MK-17 / S555. This package also fits my current budget. Does anybody have experience with this setup? Most of my diving will be done in Pennsylvania / Ohio in lakes and rock quarries. However I will also do some diving when on vacation in South Carolina, Florida, or the islands. Thanks for any advice.

...you are diving in colder water where freezing is an issue, choose the MK11. It is the same except for the environmental kit which makes the 17 more freeze resistant. And it is lighter and smaller. BTW, either is a good choice.

Good choice! I'd probably go with the MK17/S600 though, but the S555 is still a nice reg. Scubapro makes some fine regs, and I have been using them for years.

It'll work great, but maybe you should consider the new G250V 2nd stage rather than the S550. It has a metal air barrel which will lessen drymouth due to a little condensation in the air passage and it will improve the extreme cold water performance. IMO it would be worth paying extra for. If you're getting a killer deal on the package you might buy a separate G250V, and use the S550 as your alternate.

I have 3 sets of Mk17s and use them in cold water (36-40F) with no issues. They are nice breathing regs and you can't go wrong with them.

Hello. I am new to scuba diving and I am looking at purchasing my first regulator. I have only been exposed to the regulators available during my training, and I havent had a chance to personally use any ScubaPro products. However, I have found good reviews on the MK-17 / S555. This package also fits my current budget. Does anybody have experience with this setup? Most of my diving will be done in Pennsylvania / Ohio in lakes and rock quarries. However I will also do some diving when on vacation in South Carolina, Florida, or the islands. Thanks for any advice.

Do it right to begin with Go ScubaPro Mk17/G250 Vintage,this should be a great all pupose reg cold or hot , clear or cloudy.
The Mk17 has proven itself to be a good reg,with the G250 V it should be awsome.

I dive a set of double MK17's with a G250 primary and an R190 second, and love them .
Coldest I have had them was down to 42 deg F. The regs did fine at 42 deg, but I was cold, diving wet.
Jim breslin

I bought each of my sons a MK-17 with 555.

Back
Top Bottom