Zeagle Flathead VI versus DSV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have a DSV on the right post of my doubles, and an Oceanic on the left. I had been planning all along to buy another DSV this spring to match them up, but my shop that I'm doing my DM course with informed me of a great deal on Zeagles, putting a pair of Flatheads in my affordability range (assuming I eat macaroni and cheese for a few weeks, which I may have done anyway :D). My question is can anyone compare these head to head, first off in performance, I know the DSV is nice, I've had it under ice a couple times, and beyond 100 feet dozens of times. But also in little things like hose routing, since whichever pair of Zeagles I go with will be dedicated doubles regs.

Thanks,
Jim

Not a direct comparison, but I talked to my instructor/dive shop owner when I was looking to purchase regs. He is a firm believer in Zeagle and uses the Flathead. He said you won't notice the difference until you go beyond 200 feet with most Zeagles. I know the Flathead is designed for a larger air chamber which allows the user to not notice a change in air pressure. I bought the DSV since I thought the Flathead was overkill for me, and honestly the DSV probably is too. However if it's in your rice range, you gotta admit the Flathead is gotta be nice if the Navy Seals use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom