Question about Fuji F30 and strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lautmaschine

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got a Bonica Neon II kicking around, and am trying to get it to work with my Fuji F30. I've confirmed that the strobe is being triggered by the camera's flash, but I'm having serious exposure problems. Pictures are basdly underexposed -- almost as if the flash isn't working at all.

The camera does not appear to be doing a pre-flash. Red eye is turned off. I've tried a number of shutter speeds for synchronization to no avail?

Any ideas why it isn't working?

Thanks!

It could be due to the fact that the camera has indeed a pre-flash but it is just so close to the actual flash that it can not be recognized by the human eye as two different flashes.

Just an idea, try experimenting with that, I have the F31 but have never used that with a strobe.

Yeah, a preflash would definitely explain it. I checked the manual, and it didn't mention anything about how the flash operates. Anyone here know if the F30 has a preflash, and, if so, can it be turned off?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom