Which camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_lee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone! Finally decided to make the foray into underwater photography, but I have absolutely no clue at all about which camera to get. Here's my brief:

1. I'm not looking for National Geographic type photos. I'm realistic cos I haven't got a huge budget to blow (about USD350 on the camera, excl housing), and plus I'm a firm believer that it's the person behind the cam that makes a good pic, so there's no point in blowing thousands on a DSLR and mega strobes. Not yet at least :wink:

2. I'm a DMC and I'd like to use the movie function of the cam to take brief analysis vid shots of the students in the pool.

3. Apart from that, I'm just looking for a cam that I can take pics of the marine life I see, so that it'd be easier for me to ID the fish when I'm up on the boat.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have a look at the sticky at the top (what camera by Alcina)
Full of very good information, kept up to date, will point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom