RBJ/Corey & Chris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aviatrr

Contributor
Reaction score
Going down to dive the RBJ/Corey & Chris on Sunday afternoon....never been there....anything specific I should go see? Anything left inside either wreck that is accessible - such as the engine room?

Mike

It's a nice dive. Personally I think the most interesting aspect is the external layout of the site. Its a large site and at that depth gas goes quickly. If you have a scooter it'll be a big benefit in seeing the whole site.

As for penetration, as I recall (its been a while and I've only been once), there is easy access through a skylight to the engine room on one of the wrecks (almost certain its the Corey & Chris).

I don't see much point on any serious penetration on this site, its just too cool outside and the engine rooms are basically like any other artificial reefs from that era, nothing too fabulous to see or get.

I prefer to do my penetrations on wrecks like the Hydro Atlantic where the depth is not so great and there's more to see.

Its a great dive, have fun and be safe!

Tom

ps- I saw this trip listed on another list and advertised as 230'. You probably already know this but that depth is NOT accurate. Depth is 265'.

Aviatrr once bubbled...
Going down to dive the RBJ/Corey & Chris on Sunday afternoon....never been there....anything specific I should go see? Anything left inside either wreck that is accessible - such as the engine room?

I agree with WW on this site. You can easily get into the engine rooms, but these are sterile artificial reef wrecks. all of the good stuff has been stripped, and neither of these had anything really interesting to begin with. The cool thing that most people like are the 2 swim throughs where the 2 wrecks cross. If the vis is good, this is a very scenic dive.

The site is loaded with big amberjack, and you may be treated to a bullshark or 2. There is the possibility of being the one to find a bright yellow object that was lost in the vicinity....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom