Poseidon Reg Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver_34

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering making a purchase of Poseidon regs (Cyklon) and was wondering your thoughts. I know all the reasons why to get them however I'm looking for some comments from those who own or have used these regs as to their performance and ease of use.

I see lots of divers on the boats using the Poseidon x-stream but these are a bit out of my price range.

Any comments would be appreciated!

hey alot of people bad mouth all poseiden regs, i love mine.30' or 130' upside down whatever i do the breathing is easy.I got my jetstream last year and wish i could get a few more(doubles and my son) but they are pricey. the +/_ switch is easy to use in dyr gloves or 5 mill heavies....i love it.

I owned a Jetstream, and the only downside I could comment on was the price of parts and the price of service. Just have a look into availablity of parts and service in your area. For me it was horrendously expensive to service them, and I chose to sell mine off. With you being in Jersey, and there being a big following for Poiedon out there, you might be in a better position than I was.

I love my Cyklon 5000. I will shift to a Scubapro for the pool, only cuz the boss insists.

don O

I have 2 Cyklon 5000's that are almost 20 years old and average 2 dives a week.

I have not had any problems with them and get them serviced about every 2 years. I send them out to be serviced ( last year it cost me $200 for service on 3 regs)

If I had to buy new regs Poseidon Clkons would be #1

I do own a Dive Rite 2500 and would also consider them.

For ser

Hey 2th, another fossil diver here. Dive poseidons also. unhappy with my LDS for service though looking for a reference on who to ship them to for service, sounds like you may have one. Thanks in advance, jbones.

I sold off my posiedons for the same reason as jimmer posiedon parts in canada are almost not available and they did not breath as well as other great cold water regs in the same price range

Ie Apeks ds4 xtx50,Zeagle ,Atomic M1, Scubapro mk17 g250v

They all use standard hoses and parts are easy to get poseidons are nice but old tech and alot of people (dir) wont dive with you if you have them

I used Long Island Scuba Long_Island_Scuba the last time for service and they did an excellent job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom