BioDry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are these made out of a simliar stretchable (BioFlex) material that the dry suits Oceanic was selling?

Are these made out of a simliar stretchable (BioFlex) material that the dry suits Oceanic was selling?

Hi ComputerJoe,

These suits are constructed out of what is called Wearforce. This is a new material, with the same concept of the original Bioflex, however it has three times the stretch, and is twice as durable.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

How many pockets?

Warranty period and price (front & read entry)?

Thanks in advance,

WT...2 pockets, yes front and rear entry available...Both retail for $1749,

Our price: $1659
Preorders: $1659 and will include a Hollis Undergarment(retail $195) :D\

Preorder must be made before Saturday evening

I am in the market for a drysuit, 2 infact, one for myself and one form my girlfriend. As I do not think there will be a agent in South Africa soon I might be forced to buy online and have it shipped. So now for the questions:

How easy would it be to repair any tears or punctures in one of these suits. We have some good drysuit repair guys around that can even fit new boots and seals on regular trilam suits. Will some one like this be able to fix this type of material? This is rather important for as I am not going to ship a suit back to the US for repairs, even if the warranty will be void.

How do I determine the correct size, this could be rather tricky as again I will not be able to pop in for a quick fitment.

thanks
Wilhelm

PS feel free to tell me I am crazy for buying a suit this way, but we are rather limited in drysuits available in SA.

There is nothing wrong with buying a drysuit online...the best way to do it would be to give us your measurements, and we forward it on to the manufacturer to ensure the best fit. Plus, if you buy from us, and it doesnt fit, you just send it back and we try another size, so you dont have to worry about getting stuck with an ill fitting suit :wink:

As for the repairs, I talked with Nick at DEMA and he said that when they made this suit before, out of a similar material, they never had a rip or tear with it. With the new and improved they are sure their wont be any problems, but he said its extremely easy to fix should an issue arise, and that it can even be fixed in the field by the diver.....Im sure he will jump in to give more details, but I dont think your suit repair men by you will have any difficulty repairing this suit.

I am in the market for a drysuit, 2 infact, one for myself and one form my girlfriend. As I do not think there will be a agent in South Africa soon I might be forced to buy online and have it shipped. So now for the questions:

How easy would it be to repair any tears or punctures in one of these suits. We have some good drysuit repair guys around that can even fit new boots and seals on regular trilam suits. Will some one like this be able to fix this type of material? This is rather important for as I am not going to ship a suit back to the US for repairs, even if the warranty will be void.

How do I determine the correct size, this could be rather tricky as again I will not be able to pop in for a quick fitment.

thanks
Wilhelm

PS feel free to tell me I am crazy for buying a suit this way, but we are rather limited in drysuits available in SA.

Hi Rockbrother,

I wouldnt say crazy, just determined to get a good drysuit with the limited availability. :D

In repairing this suit, there are three options. The first is to simply send the suit back and have us repair the damage. The second is to have us build you a repair kit based on the damage, and ship it to you. And the third is to fix the tear or leak on your own. Based on your comments above regarding the drysuit resources you have, if a leak were to occur it would be very easy to repair.

This material consists of two layers. The outer layer is a tough non-woven nylon/polyester, and the inner is a thick polyurethane layer. The easiest way to chase a hole or leak is from the inside (PU side), and finding the correct adhesive is key. Because the suit has a polyurethane layer on the inside, you would need a urethane based adhesive such as aquaseal (without any accelerator of course because this will eliminate the stretch factor once repaired).

We have two different styles - front zip (FX100) and back zip (BX200). Both are the same cut and have very similar features, however the big difference is the zipper placement. There are six stock sizes to choose from: SM/MD/ML/LG/XL/XXL. In addition, we also have a custom program available. So that if you or your girlfriend do not comfortably fit into one of our stock sizes, we can build a custom suit for either of you.

For more information please send me a PM or email me at nhollis@hollisgear.com.

Hope this was helpful:wink:

Best Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom