Winter Diving in Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterborne

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have dive sites in Michigan that can be done in winter. Preferably without cutting holes. My buddies and I are looking for new ideas. Maybe even northern Ohio.

I know a dive site near the Soo Locks on the Canadian side that doesn't freeze over if your interested.......

SS

That would be great. You can post it or send me a message. either way works. I frequently go up to the Gaylord area so it would be a nice day trip. Thanks

Gilboa Ohio....it is south of Toledo between Findlay and Ottawa off of I-75 & St Rt. 224 they even have their own website and that quarry hasn't frozen over in the recent years....but with the way the weather is heading, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

If you've never been, there's a lot of stuff to look at including a plane, BUS, and a Dr. Pepper machine, there's even a deep side where you can reach 130ft if you want. Neat quarry, been there lots.

Let's just pick a place where we can cut holes.

.......when youhave to cut the water to get in it and you are still diving wet...brrrrrrrrrr.............I am still one of the few that don't dive dry in the winter.....but as age creeps up , I think I may start soon........................

But don't forget all....don't dive in the hard water without the proper training................

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Let's just pick a place where we can cut holes.

We can do that too Mike. Just let me know when and where. Ihave a new drysuit that needs to be used. Or I could do it crazy man style and go wet. The crazy man style is my friends and my personal favorite though.

Butch103 once bubbled...
.......when youhave to cut the water to get in it and you are still diving wet...brrrrrrrrrr.............I am still one of the few that don't dive dry in the winter.....but as age creeps up , I think I may start soon........................

But don't forget all....don't dive in the hard water without the proper training................

And a chain saw

Back
Top Bottom