Diving in Red Sea in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi, i'll be in egypt next month and happen to have 1-day in Sharm hence plan to dive in red sea.

can someone advise on the water conditions and being a new OW diver (a few dives in malaysia and once in indonesia only) would the red sea be too 'tough'?

and any recommendation for reliable dive operators for 1-day dive trip?

many thanks

Most probably a bit colder water than what you have experienced in Malaysia and Inonesia, both in water and in air. My guess would be app. 23 Celcius in water. So you will need to wear a little thicker suit than in the tropics, and bring a wind breaker to wear on the boat after the dive. Other than that - no concerns as the operator will take you to a dive site suitable to your experience. There are plenty of easy diving. Just enjoy.

cheers

I agree with Christian.
It might also be a bit more windy, but the operators always find sheltered spot.
You'll love it !

Hi Malene and Christian

Other than the advice on the suits and weather, any recommendation on the dive operators I should check it out?

i'll agree with Asser on this one. Talk to your tour operator.

my big concern is that you are there for "only one day." When do you fly out? Remember your 24 hour rule and don't forget to inform your dive operator of that departure time so that they, too, can be responsible.

Back
Top Bottom