Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This might be a great opportunity for the DORK Divers to meet and greet!
My lovely bride and I did this dive last year and we had a great time!

The 27th Annual Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup
February 23, 2008
This event was started in the 1970’s by the local dive community in an effort to cleanup Avalon Harbor, and is the only time diving is permitted there. Registration is now open.

This might be a great opportunity for the DORK Divers to meet and greet!
My lovely bride and I did this dive last year and we had a great time!

The 27th Annual Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup
February 23, 2008
This event was started in the 1970’s by the local dive community in an effort to cleanup Avalon Harbor, and is the only time diving is permitted there. Registration is now open.

Great idea Dave! We should get a group together and go do this! Count me in.

Sounds interesting, but that's a bit of a drive from here in Louisiana. I've driven 10+ hours to participate in cleanups, but I don't think I can get near Catalina and back on a weekend.

Not even if I place a GeoCache in the harbor?

Not even if I place a GeoCache in the harbor?
Hmm...

Would being prominently labeled as a geocache keep it from being removed as jetsam?

Hmm...

Would being prominently labeled as a geocache keep it from being removed as jetsam?

Sure, I was thinking something like this
Radioactive.jpg

Sure, I was thinking something like this
A film reel? But isn't southern California practically *covered* with those already? :biggrin:

(Water should work perfectly for shielding from alpha particle radiation, and perhaps for beta particle radiation, but gamma is still going to be an issue...)

I wish I could take cold water......sounds like fun.

Actually, its not that cold. Since the harbor is not that deep, its only in the low 60's.
The party in town is worth the trip in any advent.!

Ahhh....I've had a business there for 20 years...(god I'm getting old).....These days I go to do business only in at the AM out by the PM....the romance of that town wore off about 17 years ago....but for vistors wanting to spend money...Greatest place on earth....LOL

Regarding that water...60 degrees????...are you nuts???...LOL.....that 7mm or 3mm fullsuit has not been worn since 2001.....when I discovered 82 degree water....wear nothing but a 1mm shorty....when I hit some 80 degree water in Wakatobi last month....found a place I probably not go back to....in the Indo-Pacific region.

Back
Top Bottom