The Last Picture Show (for a while)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Went out on Sunday, two days before my shoulder surgery. (Surgery went really well, should be back a month sooner than expected-around March 1) The water in Monterey was so brown it looked like day old coffee. We went around the corner to what the Pebble Beach Co. refers to as Spanish Bay. Beautiful dive, as conditions were unusually nice there. No current, which is very unusual, waves were barely breaking on Point Pinos, which seldom happens. We anchored right up on the Kelp line at about 65 ft. and dropped for a gorgeous dive, about 30-40 ft. vis, though slightly cloudy, lots of life and great colors.
I continued experimenting this week with zoom, took off the diffusers from both strobes and played with spotlighting subjects on either side of the camera. Some came out OK, some were crap. Lighting in the center of the picture was poor without the diffusers, but backscatter was less of an issue. Here are a few I liked OK.

PA280035-02sm.jpg

PA280032-02sm.jpg

PA280021-02sm.jpg

PA280010-03sm.jpg

Peltodoris Nobilis laying eggs.
PA280002-01smcrop.jpg

Great pix as always Larry. Recover fast and get back in the water soon!

Nice shots. I hope your surgery goes well.

Larry,

Nice images! But, more importantly, it's great to hear your surgery went well and that you'll be back in action sooner than originally anticipated -- that's fantastic!

I'll look forward to more images once you're back in the water! Until you're back, maybe you could repost some of your older stuff -- like re-runs on TV.

Jeff

Cool pics Larry - here's to a speedy recovery !!!

Thanks Jon, Andy, Marc, Jeff, Dave and Mike. This is going to be frustrating. It's less than a week and I already feel good enough to be out diving, but the Doc says don't pick up anything heavier than a pencil.
I think it's time to start a favorites album on my Photobucket and maybe take some old pics into photoshop and clean them up a bit. Maybe I'll do some topside shots for Chantal's thread that ate New York. Must....get....away....from....daytime.....TV!

What kind of surgery? Rotator cuff? I had that. Man, PT was a ***** after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom